Mission & Giving
Here at Trinity United Church of Christ we believe that we must live our faith to truly make it our own. We contribute and participate in the following ministries:
- South Central Community Action Program – Every February we have a food pantry drive that collects canned and dry goods as well as financial support. We collect shoes and deliver them to SCAAP; they sell the shoes which are refurbished and sent overseas. We provide financial and other support for the SCAAP homeless shelter.
- Gettysburg C.A.R.E.S. – Through this coalition of churches in the community, we provide vouchers for food, gas, and hotel overnight accommodations. For two weeks in the winter, we also host the overflow of homeless in the community who cannot find shelter elsewhere.
- Gettysburg Community Soup Kitchen – Currently we provide financial support only.
- Ruth’s Harvest – We provide financial support, food, and volunteers to fill backpacks in Gettysburg Area School District, which feed 250 children for the weekend.
- Tender Care Pregnancy Center – Through the generosity of the congregation, we provide more than 10,000 diapers per year to Tender Care. In cooperation with Boy Scout Troop 1863, we host an annual spaghetti dinner with the cost of the meal being a pack of diapers.
Special Ongoing Missions
- Blessing Box – Congregants bring in non perishable supplies to be placed in the Blessing Box outside the church (wooden box that looks like church!).
- Soda can tabs – for the Ronald McDonald House of Hershey Medical Center
- Cancelled stamps – for the Brethren Home in New Oxford
- Helping Hand Fund – offers financial assistance to members facing financial hardships
- Summer Outreach – Congregants bring in their surplus garden vegetables and others give donations for those items. The money received is given either to a local program or a national program depending on the year.
What if you had only 5 minutes to pack on YouTube.com
An Afghan Chef in Virginia on YouTube.com
Afghan refugees Face uncertainty after evacuation on YouTube.com
Afghan Refugees arrive in Philadelphia on YouTube.com
Evacuation is just the first step on YouTube.com
Afghan Families Greeted at Dulles on YouTube.com
- Our Church’s Wider Mission
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- The Christmas Fund
myEoffering (electronic giving) refers to a process whereas church contributors opt to have their financial contribution withdrawn from a checking or savings account or process their contribution through a credit card transaction.
meEoffering provides a secure web based platform in which contributors may privately and prayerfully make a one-time donation or set up their entire years contribution.
To contribute to Trinity United Church of Christ electronically, click here: https://members.myeoffering.com/#/landing